Thursday, March 12, 2015

Edamame Quinoa Salad

So, I tried an Edamame Quinoa Salad from the deli the other day and it was awesome! I was determined to come home and find a recipe to replicate it. I searched online and found something fairly similar.  I made a few changes and came up with this, it's delicious!!! I can't wait for warmer weather and fun summery salads every day!

Ingredients:
3 cups frozen, shelled edamame
2 cups frozen white corn
1 red pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
6 chopped green onions
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked quinoa (1/3 uncooked) cooled

Dressing
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
3 cloves minced garlic

Put your frozen corn and edamame in a strainer,  dump the black beans in and rinse for about 2 minutes with luke warm water (this will defrost the corn and edamame). Toss edamame, corn, beans, pepper, quinoa, cilantro and onions in a bowl. In a small jar (I like to use my magic bullet with the lid) combine all dressing ingredients and shake like crazy. Pour over the salad ingredients, mix and let chill. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment