Monday, March 30, 2015

Cheesy Pesto Spaghetti Squash

I have never made or had spaghetti  squash before and after a friend posted her spaghetti squash meal I had to try some!  I took what  she did and added pesto and baked it in a casserole dish rather than back in the squash skin. It was delicious! A piece of advice,  warn people  it's  not real noodles or they won't  like it, if they're  expecting real pasta,  it just won't  be the same!

2 medium-small spaghetti squash
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
2 tablespoons butter melted
2 tablespoons pesto sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.5 cups small chopped broccoli
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
Salt and pepper  to taste

I cooked my spaghetti squash whole. 375 for 1 hour 15 minutes. After it was done, I cut in half  and let cool. I then scooped the seeds out and shredded the squash with a fork. I used only 3 out of the 4 halves and saved the last half for leftovers. Place that into a 9x13 pan.

Dice your chicken into small pieces and saute in olive oil with the garlic.  When it's  nearly done, add the broccoli and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with lid and cook until broccoli is tender, stiring it a couple of times. When it's  done, add that to the squash.

In a small bowl,  place butter and pesto  and heat until butter is melted. Pour it over the squash and chicken mix. Then add your cheese and salt and pepper and mix well. Bake for 15-20 minutes on 350 until cheese is thoroughly melted.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment