Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad

I found this recipe from Pioneer Woman. Of coirse, I couldn't leave it as is, so I had to make some adjustments and make it "my own". After making it, there's still a couple of adjustments needed (like less pasta) so I'm going to post this with those corrections already made. I absolutely loved this dish,  my husband could take it or leave it and the kids weren't big fans but picked out what the liked. This is definitely a great summer dish!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1-2 cloves of garlic,  minced
1/2 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

8 oz orzo pasta, cooked (original recipe called for 12)
1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 cup red cherry tomatoes,  halved or quartered
1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved or quartered
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup feta cheese
1 cucumber peeled and diced
1/3 cup finely diced red onion
3 tablespoons fresh parsley

Pour the top set of ingredients into a jar and shake like crazy to make your dressing.
Combine the bottom set of ingredients,  top with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld but I prefer about 3-4 hours.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment