Wednesday, October 19, 2011

1-2-3-4 Chili

This is really as easy as 1-2-3-4! I do add a secret ingredient that gives the chili a fabulous nutty flavor (see below).


The ingredients are 1-2-3-4

1 packet chili seasoning
2 pounds of ground beef (browned and drained)
3 cans of beans (2 of kidney beans drained and one of chili beans with sauce)
4 small cans tomato sauce (I use 2 regular size ones)

Optional-
1 TBSP chili powder
garlic and onion powder to taste
secret ingredient- heaping spoonful of peanut butter (I left this out right now because we've yet to introduce Ashton to peanuts)


Pour tomato sauce into crockpot, add chili seasoning and optional ingredients. Mix well. Add the beans and beef. Cook on low 8-10 hours. It's not quite as tasty but if you're in a time crunch you can cook on high for 3-4 hours.





Serving suggestion- 30 minutes before it's done I mix in 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. I like to serve ours over rice (it turns it into two meals and really makes it more filling). I use the leftovers to make chili mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment