Sunday, July 5, 2015

Shrimp Macaroni Salad

We had this salad at a good friend's house awhile ago. It was so good, I had to ask for the recipe!  I did make a couple of slight adjustments but I'm posting the original recipe so you can decide for yourself :-) my favorite part about this is it doesn't have a strong seafood taste to it  (which means even picky little kiddos will eat it).

1 lb. Macaroni noodles, cooked and drained (I prefer large elbow but you could use shells or those tiny circular macaroni salad noodles )
1 or 2 cans of tiny canned shrimp drained  (I prefer 1)
4-5 stalks of celery, diced
3-4 green onions,  sliced thin
1 can of olives,  drained and finely chopped
1 3/4 cup of mayo (I prefer 1 1/4 cup of mayo plus half a cup of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream)
Salt and pepper to taste

Simply toss everything together, mix well and chill for a couple of hours before serving!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment