Sunday, December 7, 2014

Breakfast Souffle

My mom has made breakfast souffle for years. It was always made for special occasions. I took her recipe and made some changes (just because I could, not because it needed it) and boy an I glad I did! This souffle was awesome! It might be better than the original (I'll let you know when my mom tries it). It's great to feed a crowd too!

Ingredients:
10 slices of white bread, crusts cut off and cubed
8 eggs
3.5 cups of milk
1.5 cups shredded cheddar
1.5 cups shredded monterrey jack
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Punch of dried mustard (I didn't have any on hand)
1 lb of sausage cooked and drained (or bacon, crispy and crumbled)

Spray 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray.  Put bread in pan and top with cheese. Mix lightly, leaving most cheese still on top. In a large bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over bread in pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.

Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle sausage generously over the top of the bread (you will only use about 1/2 to 3/4 of sausage). Bake for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment