Monday, June 15, 2015

Fried Rice

I love fried rice! I make it at home occasionally but I always use a seasoning packet for the flavor in my rice. Well, I went on a mission the other day to find a few fried rice recipes online and adapt them to make my own. I'd say my mission was successful! You could add pork, chicken or shrimp to this to suit your fancy but it really does rock all on it's own! Do not skip any of the ingredients, please... seriously.  Okay , maybe the green onion or swap some veggies out but don't mess with the butter, sauces or oil!

2 cups of uncooked rice (prepare then chill)
4 eggs scrambled (I just do mine in a bowl in the microwave and then chop them up a bit)
2 cups veggies (I like to use frozen peas,  carrots, and edamame)
3 cloves minced garlic
3-4 them sliced green onions
3 tablespoons of butter (this is the secret to good fried rice)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
4 tablespoons of soy sauce (more to taste)
3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt and pepper

Heat your large pan up, just a bit higher than medium heat. Make sure it is completely hot. Add 1 tablespoon of butter. In the melted butter, saute your vegetables for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute or so. Remove vegetable and place aside. Give your pan another few minutes to hear back up again. Melt the last 2 tablespoons of butter. Add cold rice, oyster sauce,  soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir well and let rice brown slightly (hence the "fried " in the title). After it's done browning slightly (5 minutes or so) add egg, vegetables,  sliced green onion and sesame oil. Mix well and serve!!!

To make chicken fried rice, dice 2 chicken breasts up and marinate in a little sesame oil and soy sauce. Cook and add to the rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment